Get The Important Insights!
The Chinese pharma and consumer health industry is distinguished by its impressive market size, which is projected to reach a valuation of USD 248 billion in 2035, with an expected CAGR of 8.10% between 2025 and 2035. Discover the current major players and online platforms in the Chinese pharma market.
Leading Pharmacy Chains in China
The following pharmacy chains play a major role in the healthcare sector by offering a wide range of OTC and Rx products:
- DaShenLin Pharmaceutical Group is engaged in the manufacturing, retail, and wholesale of OTC and pharma goods, primarily Chinese herbal medicine, antibiotics, and biochemical drugs. It also manufactures its own line of generic and branded drugs.
- LBX Pharmacy is a large-scale Sino-foreign joint venture consumer goods and pharma retail chain that offers a wide variety of products and services. It is mainly engaged in retail, wholesale, and production, in addition to other business segments.
- Yifeng Pharmacy is a traditional pharmacy chain with over 12,000 stores located in 45 cities across China, offering a wide range of Rx and non-prescription medicines.
- Yixintang Pharmaceutical Group is a large consumer health firm that offers a wide range of products and services, including retail and wholesale pharmacy, biomedicine, and healthcare services.
Figure 1. Biggest pharmacy chains in China and their market shares
Popular Online Consumer Health and Pharma Platforms
After the COVID pandemic, the trend of online shopping increased significantly. More people are buying their OTC products online, because of the convenience, affordability, and wider selection offered in comparison to traditional pharmacies. Here are some examples of online healthcare platforms commonly used in China:
- 111 is a digital healthcare platform that connects patients with medicine and healthcare services in China. It provides an integrated online platform for patients, with services such as online consultation services and e-prescriptions.
- Xiaolu Medical Center is the first TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Internet hospital that uses the internet and big data to improve the efficiency of medical care and provide patients with a new health management model.
- Guangdong Liangjian Pharmacy is a B2C and O2O consumer health e-commerce platform that integrates offline independent pharmacies and small chain pharmacies, allowing independent stores to have their own online markets.
- Yao Fang Wang is an online platform that helps users find and compare prices from different pharmacies. This allows users to get the best deals on their medications and save money.
Figure 2. Biggest online consumer health and pharma platforms in China
By offering innovative and accessible healthcare solutions, these companies are playing a major role in improving the health and well-being of the Chinese people. This presents a significant opportunity for foreign investment, particularly in the areas of research and development, manufacturing, marketing and sales, as well as distribution.
How Chameleon Pharma Consulting Group can help you expand your business internationally:
Apart from having more than 20 years of experience in the Asian market, we also offer systematic country analysis and selection, as well as partner identification services to help identify the best-fitting country and segment for your current portfolio and expansion goals. If you want to learn more about expanding your business internationally, we are here to support you!